Building NetSurf on RISC OS
This document outlines the process required to get a build system for NetSurf set up on a RISC OS machine.
Last updated 10 August 2009
- A Filing System which supports long filenames
- GCC 3.4.6 release 3 or later (http://gccsdk.riscos.info/)
- OSLib 6.80 or later (http://ro-oslib.sourceforge.net/)
- Perl 5.8.8 or later (http://www.cp15.org/programming/)
- RISC OS SVN client (http://www.cp15.org/versioncontrol/)
- NSTools (http://www.netsurf-browser.org/downloads/other/nstools.zip)
This section details quick-start instructions for getting NetSurf compiled under RISC OS. If you want more detail, see the rest of this document.
- Download and install the requirements listed above.
- Force the RISC OS SVN client to handle ,xxx extensions correctly by issuing:
*Set svn$filetypeext ""This may be set permanently by uncommenting the appropriate line in !SVN's !Boot file.
- Check out the latest source code from SVN, by issuing the following command in a TaskWindow:
*svn co svn://svn.netsurf-browser.org/trunk/netsurf
- Open the "netsurf" directory that gets created, this now contains all the source code.
- Read the "BUILDING-RISC_OS" document in the "Docs" directory. This explains how to actually get NetSurf to build.