NetSurf Source Code
The source code for each release version of NetSurf is available.
- NetSurf 2.9 source code (27 Mar 2012)
- NetSurf 2.8 source code (21 Sep 2011)
- NetSurf 2.7 source code (16 Apr 2011)
- NetSurf 2.6 source code (21 Sep 2010)
- NetSurf 2.5 source code (18 Apr 2010)
- NetSurf 2.1 source code (23 May 2009)
- NetSurf 2.0 source code (25 Apr 2009)
- NetSurf 1.2 source code (22 Mar 2008)
- NetSurf 1.1 source code (13 Aug 2007)
- NetSurf 1.0 source code (17 May 2007)
Development version source code
NetSurf's source code is stored in a Subversion (SVN) repository. The best way to obtain the latest source code is to check it out of SVN. To do so, run the following command:
$ svn co svn://svn.netsurf-browser.org/trunk/netsurf
The latest source code can also be viewed via a web interface.
Using Subversion, as described above, is the recommended way to obtain the source, however it is possible to download it from here.
There are two versions of NetSurf: NetSurf for RISC OS and GTK NetSurf (often referred to as nsgtk).
Users of Unix-like platforms, including Linux, should follow the build instructions provided in the
Docs/BUILDING-GTK file. This can be found in the source tree or viewed via the SVN web interface.
RISC OS users should consult the build instructions in the documentation.
Haiku and BeOS
Users of BeOS-like platforms should follow the build instructions provided in the
Docs/BUILDING-BeOS file. This can be found in the source tree or viewed via the SVN web interface.
Users of AmigaOS should follow the build instructions provided in the
Docs/BUILDING-AmigaOS file. This can be found in the source tree or viewed via the SVN web interface.