|author||James Bursa <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2003-11-08 13:49:35 +0000|
|committer||James Bursa <email@example.com>||2003-11-08 13:49:35 +0000|
[project @ 2003-11-08 13:49:34 by bursa]
Move Templates under en, new !Help. svn path=/import/netsurf/; revision=410
Diffstat (limited to '!NetSurf/Docs')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 134 deletions
diff --git a/!NetSurf/Docs/en/txthelp b/!NetSurf/Docs/en/txthelp
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,134 +0,0 @@
-NetSurf: The open-source web browser for RISC OS
-NetSurf is an open-source web browser for RISC OS. Its aim is to bring the HTML 4 (HyperText Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) technologies to the RISC OS platform. Currently, NetSurf supports only a fraction of these standards.
- User Information
- NetSurf requires the SharedUnixLibrary (http://www.chocky.org/unix/usage.html) to run. Also, you may need to download the AcornURI module (http://sudden.recoil.org/others/).
- Contacting the developers
- If you want to contribute to the NetSurf project, please see the Developer Information further down this file.
- Before submitting a bug report, please check that you have the latest version and check to see if the bug has already been discovered (see the Known Bugs section).
- Bug reports and questions about NetSurf can be raised in the following forms:
- Mailing List
- The mailing list (http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/netsurf-develop) is for discussion of NetSurf. If you are interested in NetSurf's development, please subscribe to this list.
- IRC Channel
- The #netsurf-develop IRC channel on the IRCnet network is also for the discussion of NetSurf. ircnet.demon.co.uk is a suitable server.
- Bug Tracker
- Please submit any bugs to the bug tracker (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=51719&atid=464312).
- Current features & limitations
- The following features have been implemented:
- Basic HTML 4, including tables
- Parts of CSS
- Local and HTTP fetching
- External CSS files
- Memory cache
- <style> element
- Encrypted HTTP or https
- Plugin System
- View Source
- Support for Acorn URI Protocol and URI files
- HTML forms, using GET and POST methods
- Browser authentication
- The following is in progress:
- PNG support
- JPEG support
- GIF support
- File downloads (eg. zip files)
- Improved memory handling
- Known bugs
- No way to re-download a webpage, if it has been updated, without quitting NetSurf.
- PNGs with transparency don't display properly unless you have Select.
- NetSurf quits when it runs out of memory.
- User Guide
- Run NetSurf and follow the documentation link on the homepage to access the user guide.
- Developer Information
- Contribution to the project
- NetSurf is an open source project, everyone is welcome to contribute. If you would like to add some functionality to NetSurf then you can contact the other developers via either the #netsurf-develop IRC channel or the mailing list.
- Libraries used
- NetSurf makes use of the following libraries:
- These can be downloaded in a pre-built form from http://netsurf.strcprstskrzkrk.co.uk/developer
- Further information
- There is further developer information generated by Doxygen at http://netsurf.strcprstskrzkrk.co.uk/codedocs/
-NetSurf's main developers are:
- James Bursa
- John Bell
- Phil Mellor
- Phil Pemberton
- Rob Jackson
-Other contributors include:
- Andrew Poole - (GUI stuff)
- Andrew Duffell - (Website work, NetSurf logo and other graphics, beta testing)
- James Shaw - (Started the NetSurf project)
- Michael Drake - (This documentation, beta testing)
-Also, thanks to everyone else who has helped with bug reports and suggestions. If you feel you should be mentioned on the above list or have any other issues with it, please post to the mailing list or contact Michael Drake (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.
-NetSurf is released under the GPL license.
-Project homepage : http://netsurf.sourceforge.net
-Recent builds : http://netsurf.strcprstskrzkrk.co.uk/
-Web CVS interface : http://cvs.semichrome.net/netsurf/