1 files changed, 21 insertions, 7 deletions
diff --git a/Docs/BUILDING-Framebuffer b/Docs/BUILDING-Framebuffer
index 36075226a..6c65cba1f 100644
@@ -25,18 +25,32 @@
$ make TARGET=framebuffer
- If that produces errors, you probably don't have some of NetSurf's
- build dependencies installed. See "Obtaining NetSurf's dependencies"
- below. Or turn off the complaining features in your
- Makefile.config. You may need to "make clean" before attempting to
- build after installing the dependencies.
+ If that produces errors, you probably don't have some of NetSurf's build
+ dependencies installed. See "Obtaining NetSurf's dependencies" below.
+ Or turn off the complaining features in your Makefile.config. You may
+ need to "make clean" before attempting to build after installing the
Run NetSurf by executing the "nsfb" program:
- The NETSURFRES environment variable may require setting to enable
- NetSurf to find its resources.
+ | Note: NetSurf uses certain resources at run time. In order to find these
+ | resources, it searches three locations:
+ | 1. ~/.netsurf/
+ | 2. $NETSURFRES/
+ | 3. /usr/share/netsurf/
+ | In the build tree, the resources are located at
+ | framebuffer/res
+ | Setting $NETSURFRES to point at the resources in the build tree
+ | will enable you to run NetSurf from here without installation.
+ | To do this, run:
+ | export NETSURFRES=`pwd`/framebuffer/res